Weekly Choir Sessions
The sessions are lead by Emma Bishton who is an enthusiastic and experienced musical director. Emma leads each session on a keyboard or piano whilst conducting the group……..a lady of many skills!
Each session starts with a warm up, then around an hours singing, followed by a break for tea, coffee and biscuits. We end the evening with song requests!
HEATHLANDS PRIMARY SCHOOL @ WEST BERGHOLT
14 New Church Rd, West Bergholt, Colchester CO6 3JF
Free Taster Session
The choir offers a free taster night for potential new members. There are no need for auditions – enthusiasm is far more important! The aim is just to enjoy singing and have fun.
If you then wish to join us after your free taster it only costs £5 a night. If you fill out a membership form you will be given a welcome pack with all the choir songs and constitution.
19:00 – 20:30
Heathlands Primary School
We hope this information below will answer some of your questions and, of course, encourage you to join us.
- We meet every Tuesday in term time from 7pm until 8.30pm
- A subscription of £5 is payable when you attend.
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits supplied.
- A free folder containing words and music will be provided when you return your membership forms but MUST be handed back should you leave the choir for any reason.
- The folders are your responsibility, please bring this to each choir meeting.
- Please check emails and Facebook page regularly for updates, cancellation or information.
- The Vocal Zones Constitution will be given to you to read and agree to abide by.
- Dress code must be followed at any performance or concert. Details are in the Choir Constitution.
- We have a committee and hold meetings regularly. You are encouraged and very welcome to put forward ideas to the committee for discussion. We will advise when a committee meeting is due to be held.
We currently meet at The Crown in Wormingford after our choir meetings and you are more than welcome to join us. If you need a lift from West Bergholt please ask on the night.